This week's short playlist is a timely love song list to keep the Valentine's Day vibes going. As usual, some are very old, some may be slightly newer, but the majority of the list will give you that warm fuzzy feeling you get when you are kind of "feeling someone". By the way, you don't have to be in love to enjoy the list. You can also just chill out and have a relaxed evening of pampering yourself and 'just doing me' time.
1. Marvin Gaye - I Want You | I just love this song. It's a classic and so beautiful. His vocals, the melody, it's such a sultry jam. Perfect for 'Netflix and Chill' in the event you want to turn off the Netflix and just chill :0 (I couldn't resist that one.)
2. Sade - Stronger than Pride | This is a lovely remix and the lyrics are pretty intense.
3. Goldlink - Fall in Love | I really like the beat. The lyrics are a little explicit so I'll hold off on the quoting.
4. The Weeknd - What You Need | One of The Weeknd's earlier songs..
5. Janet Jackson - Any Time, Any Place | I should have led with this song, but you probably wouldn't have gotten through the list. This is such a purely sexy song.
6. Bootsy Collins - I'd Rather Be With You | This song just does it for me. I don't know if it's the lyrics, the harmony, the beautiful way the instruments come together or his voice. Just pure fire for me.
Bonus Track : Marvin Gaye | Come Live With Me Angel | I had to make this a bonus track since I already featured him on the list. 50 cent sampled this for one of songs and it's no wonder why. This is just pure perfection for me.
Let me know one of your favorite love songs!