Happy Birthday MJ!
All around NYC this weekend, there were parties and celebrations to honor Michael Jackson and his music on his birthday. The musical genius and legend will always be one of the greatest for me. His talent is unparalleled and innovation was limitless. To celebrate his birthday, here are my top ten MJ songs
1. Off the Wall - Hands down my favorite MJ song. I remember when I was 18 years old, I went to this club called, Life, in the city with my friend. It was the summer I graduated high school and this song came on and we went crazy on the dance floor.
2. Liberian Girl
3. Never Can Say Good Bye - Young Michael voice is so much talent and so much flavor all in one small package.
4. Dangerous - I will always remember that MTV performance he did of this song and Billie Jean. The one where he mouthed the words to his sister's song 'You know you want me" at one point.
5. They Don't Care About Us - Well all I want to say is, isn't this song relevant for the current times? I like the original but you can hear the entire song with this version and this mix isn't bad at all.
6. Heaven Can Wait - This one isn't as popular as some of the others on my list but I always loved the lyrics. You must really be in love if you pass up a chance to go to heaven to stay with someone instead.
7. PYT - My theme song y'all:)
8. You Rock My World - Newer MJ than the rest on the list. I always loved the beat and loved the fact that he decided to collaborate with a hip hop producer for this. Always the innovator.
9. Thriller - I don't think any MJ list can be complete without this song. Obviously the video was groundbreaking on many levels and this is the quintessential 'Halloween' song.
10. Love Never Felt So Good - Post-humanous MJ still gave me classic MJ. A song I want to dance to and makes me feel good, pun intended.
I could go on and one with this list but I decided to stop at 10. Please do tell me: What's your favorite MJ song and what comes to mind when you think of it?