Second to rosé, my next summer obsession would have to be popsicles. I'm always on the hunt for a great popsicle recipe, be them kid-friendly or just for adults i.e. with a nice liquor ingredient. These Cookies-n-Cream popsicles came out 1000% better than my last popsicles which had a greek yogurt base. My son and husband have gobbled these down in two days. In fact, Luca and I shared two on the couch while waiting for Kwasi to take a shower on Sunday. Needless to say, I feel confident enough in the final product to share them with you.
- Oreo cookies (about 10 but you can use a little less if you want them to be more cream and less cookie)
- 8 ounces of coconut milk
- 1 can of cream of coconut (you can use half a can if you want to cut the sweetness)
1. Pour the milk and cream into a blender.
2. Break the cookies by hand and add to the mixture.
3. Blend on high until major chunks of cookie are fully broken down.
. Pour into popsicle mold and place in the freezer overnight or at least 8 hours.
I let Luca break the cookies up, press the button on the blender and taste the mix before we poured it into the mold so this is a great quick and fun activity to do with your mini.
Unlike my yogurt popsicles, I was not left with an 'icy' popsicle. Instead, these were creamy and delectable.