Beauty from the Inside, Out: What You Need To Drink to Get Glowing Skin
I love my beauty products and I love discovering new products, EVEN MORE. However, sometimes beautiful skin, isn't about what you put on your skin, it's about what you consume. Here are a few drinks, that if consistently used, can deliver phenomenal results for your skin.
Lemon Water - I try to do this every single morning. Before my coffee even. Make it hot and if you want to really take your skincare regimen to the next level, add apple cider vinegar, a little raw honey and a scoop of collagen powder. I use a whole lemon but if that's too much for you, try half a lemon and work your way up.
- Boosts your immune system with that Vitamin C
- Flushes your digestive system and purifies your liver
- Clears up acne and increases collagen production
I haven't made the complete cross over to green tea from coffee. I just love my coffee too much, but I'm definitely working on it. Matcha tea has me well on my way. Drink a few cups of green tea a day to improve your skin.
- Anti-aging and full of antioxidants to help delay fine lines and wrinkles
- Improves the appearance of scars and flushes out toxins
- Helps to reduce puffy skin.
- Double duty: You can not only consume green tea, but you can also apply it to your skin as a toner.
Aloe Vera Juice
This is my standard "skin glow" potion. Whenever I want my skin to literally beam light, I start drinking copious amounts of aloe vera juice within a week of whatever event I'm attending. It's an acquired taste, but when you see the way your skin glows, trust me, you will get over the taste quickly and start chugging that aloe. Trust & Believe!
- Helps reduce and cure acne by balancing the ph balance of your skin and body
- Extra help for those who suffer from psoriasis
- Nutrient dense and full of antioxidants which neutralizes free radicals and helps heal your skin from sun damage
- Anti-inflammatory which is always a good skin benefit
Green Juice & Green Smoothies
A green juice a day, helps you to slay! I have to be honest, before my son, I did a lot more juicing than I do now. I had glass bottles that I would use to transport my juice, because juicing at home is time consuming, however, cost-effective if you can do it yourself. Green smoothies are a little less time consuming, but try to do more juices than smoothies. Less sugar! You can also easily, grab a green juice from your local juicer, health store, Whole Foods, etc. You would almost have to go out of your way NOT to grab a green juice in your daily routine. Drop me a note if you need recipe suggestions.
- Detoxifying and flushes liver due to the chlorophyll content
- Delivers powerful nutrients to your entire body
- Anti-inflammatory which improves and reduces acne and heals blemishes
Turmeric milk a.k.a "Golden Milk"
This is sooo yummy. I started drinking this a few years ago specifically for its anti-inflammatory properties and when I noticed the change in my skin as a side-effect, I was pleasantly surprised.
On a stove top, heat 2 cups of whatever milk you like. Personally, I use almond or coconut. I add 1 tbsp of raw honey, 1 tsp. of turmeric, a dash of cinnamon and a dash of pure vanilla extract. This is such a relaxing and comforting drink before bed if you find yourself actually needing a sleeping-aid.
- Cleanses your liver - whenever anything cleans the liver, skin clarity is sure to follow
- Mends fine lines, heals acne, smooths fine lines and lightens scars
Sounds a little weird but this is absolutely delicious if you make it well. They are now literally selling bags of bones at Whole Foods and other grocery stores. If you are in the NYC area, you can even go to Brodo, where they only serve bone broth and they offer "extra" options like roasted garlic or coconut oil. They give it to you in coffee cup so you can sip on it like any other beverage. When I can, I try to stock up on their frozen bone broth and then, I drink a cup daily at home.
- Condered to be natural Botox for promoting firm skin and improving elasticity
- Boosts collagen production, which helps to keep fine lines and wrinkles at bay
- Brightens skin and prevents acne
Was this helpful? Let me know if you need some recipes and I'm happy to do a follow-up and provide. Also, if you try any of these for at least two weeks, please post me on the results!