The Skincare Nighttime Routine That Boosted My Skin's Radiance
I like make up, but since my mother wouldn’t let me wear it for the longest time, I don’t think I ever caught the make-up bug, where I can sit in the mirror and recreate a variety of different looks. In fact, I would say that’s a beauty area where I’m pretty basic. For me, the focus has always been on my skin and using a couple of simple add-ons (eyelashes and defined brows) to really enhance my natural beauty. Plus, as a mother of a toddler, I find myself often too short on time to do any major cosmetic overhaul. At the end of the day, I just want to age like a fine wine and maintaining radiant skin is the key to an age defying look.
The older I get, the sooner neglectful habits manifest in my skin almost immediately, in the form of breakouts, fine lines, dark under-eye circles, etc. The usual culprits that prevent you from having your most radiant skin. As a result, I’ve doubled down on my skincare efforts and have made a diehard commitment to take the best care of my skin. I absolutely see the difference between when I’m doing everything I should for my skin vs. when I skimp on steps on my routine.
Here is what I do on a nightly basis:
Double cleansing is everything. Since I discovered this, it’s been one of the best things for my skin as I mentioned in my hyperpigmentation post. Sometimes you think you’ve cleaned your skin, only to discover when you do another swipe, that there is still more dirt to be cleaned. After a day of make-up, I dissolve make-up with an oil-based cleanser and then, follow-up with a more traditional liquid cleanser.
2. Toner – Typically, I use a non-alcohol based toner to do one last sweep to prep my skin for maximum absorption of serums, treatments and sheet masks.
3. Hydrating Mist – I spray a light mist on my skin for improved hydration and maximum absorption of my serums and treatments.
Mists & Toners
4. Apply serums – I usually alternate between a few different ones with one always being a Retinol or Vitamin C serum for bright and evenly toned skin
5. Sheet mask – I keep my masks refrigerated at all times (just like my mist). It’s a refreshing cooling treat for my skin and helps to minimize the appearance of pores. I leave it on for about 15 minutes. I also rub the excess product into my neck and hands.
6. Moisturizer & Eye cream – Finally, I slather on moisturizer and get some sleep, one of the most essential ingredients to radiant skin. The Bee Friendly moisturizer listed below serves double duty as both an eye and face moisturizer.
In addition to the above, at least once a week, sometimes 2x, I’ll exfoliate after I clean my skin and before the toner. Exfoliation is crucial to help slough off dead and aged skin cells and unveil your best skin.
I did an instastory on this last night but some people commented that they didn't have the time for this every night. If you must skip a step or two, I would, eliminate the sheet masks and spritz.
How long is your nighttime routine? What are the 2 steps you will absolutely do no matter what? Comment below if this was helpful.
Love x Light